Top Ten Best Foods for Glowing Skin
By Dr. Tom Balshi
As human beings, the texture and quality of our skin are emblematic of our overall quality of life. In fact, people can tell of the quality of food you eat by mere looking at your skin. To maintain good skin, a lot of deliberate and conscious efforts is required. A combination of nutrient-rich food and decent body cream will go a long way in bringing your dream of having a glowing skin to reality. Some people spend a fortune just to ensure their skin is properly cared for. Although body cream and cosmetics are highly important in maintaining good skin, nothing compares to eating clean and eating right.
With the right combination of appropriate nutrients, your skin will look untarnished and unblemished. Our focus in this text is to analyze the nutritional value, constitute, and overall property of certain food items that have been proven to be of great benefit to the human skin.
Ten superfoods for your skin
Here is a list of the top ten food items for a glowing skin. Delray Beach dermatologist, a renowned skin doctor and physician has endorsed these food items and approved their consumption for a good and unblemished skin.
- Avocado: Avocado is also called alligator pear. This self-pollinating fruit is predominantly produced in Mexico albeit it grows in many other tropical areas. It is a great provider of energy and avocado oil is also used in the production of body creams as well as other cosmetic products. It is also rich in fat, carbohydrate, and protein.
- Dark Chocolate: The major dichotomy between black chocolates and milk chocolates is that it contains little or no dairy product. However, the composition of cocoa solids in this form of chocolate is high. Also, the sugar content in this chocolate type is relatively lower than in other types of chocolate. Dark chocolate also has anti-oxidizing properties which makes it suitable for tackling diabetes. It also works wonders on the human skin and it also reduces the risks of a high blood pressure.
- Tomato: This is a very popular vegetable consumed by nearly all nations of the world. There are different ways of eating tomato. While some people live to eat it raw, others use it as an ingredient in sauces, fried eggs, and salads. All in all, tomatoes help the body in many ways.
- Orange: This is one of the most popular fruits in the world. The health benefits of the citrus fruit are numerous. Orange is a very good source of vitamin C which is one of the needed nutrients for a glowing skin. Orange is also beneficial to pregnant women as well as boosting the quality of sperm in the masculine gender. Anti-aging properties, collagen formation, immunity, and prevention of diabetes are some of the other benefits of consuming oranges.
- Carrot: Carrot is another fruit that is good for the health of the skin. Consuming a lot of carrots help to repair skin tissues as it contains carotene which is an anti-oxidant that protects the skin from the dangers of the sun and repairs damaged skin tissues. Carrot is sweet and easy to eat. It is an important ingredient in so many food and salads. Carrots also helps the body to fight against cardiovascular diseases and diabetes.
- Beetroot: Beetroot helps to improve the human hair and skin. It works by helping to eliminate pores and dark facial spots. Beetroot juice also helps the body to eliminate toxic substances and drinking a glass of beetroot juice regularly is highly encouraged.
- Sweet Potatoes: Vitamin C is needed for healthy, glowing skin and sweet potatoes are one very easy way to get enough of this nutrient. Sweet potatoes are also very rich in magnesium, zinc, and potassium. Just like carrots, sweet potatoes are one of the beta-carotene food substances that work wonders on the human skin.
- Salmon: A dry skin is a problem. At every point in time, the human skin must contain a certain degree of moisture. Salmon contains omega-3 fatty acid which the skin needs to stay moist and hydrated. Salmon also helps to lower inflammation.
- Papaya: This is one nutrient-packed fruit. If you care about your hair and skin, papaya is one fruit you should eat regularly. It contains papain which is an enzyme that helps to get rid of dead skin cells and keep the skin moist.
- Blueberries: It is rich in vitamins A, C, and E. It helps to brighten up the skin, and it is also a very useful anti-oxidant. This fruit has anti-aging properties, and it is also good for the heart.
About the Author: Tom Balshi is a Dermatology and Cosmetic Surgery expert. His goal is to provide patients with a fabulous health care experience. He treat’s every patient the way he would want to be treated, with courtesy, kindness and respect. He is known as one of the best delray beach dermatologist.