Cancer – Altus Hospice Care
Provided by Altus Hospice Care
End-stage cancer that is a category 5 is generally unresponsive to standard therapy and includes metastasis.
- Clinical findings of malignancy with widespread, aggressive or progressive disease as evidenced by increasing symptoms, worsening lab values and/or evidence of metastatic disease
- Increased pain and/or symptoms
- Multiple trips to the hospital for symptoms management
- Multiple calls to the physician’s office to adjust medication for pain management
- Metastasis and/or stage 3 or 4 cancer
- Toxicity treatments outweigh benefits
- Terminal prognosis with only a few treatments left
- Curative treatment is ineffective and/or is negatively impacting patient’s quality of life
- Palliative Performance Scale is equal to or less than 70%
- Cachexia or weight loss of 5% during the past 3 months
1 in 4 in the United States will die from cancer
Altus Hospice professionals are available for patient and family consultations at any time. There is absolutely no obligation or charge to the patient. Hospice care is covered by Medicare, Medicaid, and most private insurance carriers.
For more information call 888-873-1822 or visit us at www.altushospicecare.com