Provided By Altus Hospice Care
Alzheimers costs caregivers more than their time let Altus be your trusted resource.
Since 2000, deaths by heart disease have decreased by 14% while deaths by Alzheimers disease have increased by 89%.
The patient must be a level ? 7 on the Functional Assessment Staging Tool (FAST) and possess co-morbid and/or secondary conditions. Ultimately, the combined effects of the Alzheimers Disease (stage 7) and any co-morbid and/or secondary condition(s) should be such that most beneficiaries with Alzheimers Disease and similar impairments would have a prognosis of six months or less. Secondary and co-morbid condition(s) themselves may be associated with a new set of structural/functional impairments that may or may not respond/be amenable to treatment.
1. The patient should be a level less than or equal to a 7 on the Functional Assessment Staging Tool (FAST) and possess co-morbid and/or secondary conditions.
- Unable to ambulate without assistance
- Unable to dress without assistance
- Unable to bath without assistance
- Urinary and fecal incontinence, intermittent or consistent
- No meaningful verbal communication
- The ability to speak is limited to 6 or less intelligible words
2. The following may have occurred in or increased in the last 12 months
- Complications caused by co-morbid conditions
- Complications caused by pressure ulcers
- Complications caused by delirium
3 Related disorders
- Body mass index (BMI) less than or equal to 22 kg/m2
- Karnofsky Performance Status (KPS) less than or equal to 40%
1 in 3 seniors dies with Alzheimers or another dementia
Altus Hospice professionals are available for patient and family consultations at any time. There is absolutely no obligation or charge to the patient. Hospice care is covered by Medicare, Medicaid, and most private insurance carriers. Call us today at 888.873.1822.