Deep brain stimulation (DBS) is a surgical treatment involving the implantation of a medical device called a brain pacemaker, which sends electrical impulses to specific parts of the brain. DBS in select brain regions has provided remarkable therapeutic benefits for otherwise treatment-resistant movement and affective disorders such as Parkinsons disease, chronic pain, tremor and dystonia. Despite the long history of DBS, its underlying principles and mechanisms are still not clear. DBS directly changes brain activity in a controlled manner, and its effects are reversible.
- Continuity of Care and Compassion: The Elizondo Medical Group’s Enduring Legacy
- Dr. Siraj Sayeed: Pioneering Orthopedic Surgery at South Texas Bone & Joint Institute
- Signature Health Services: Over 25 Years of Compassionate, High-Quality Skilled Home Health Care
- Angie Kauffman: Leading the renowned South Texas Spine & Surgical Hospital to new heights of excellence
- What Is A Hydrafacial?
- Continuity of Care and Compassion: The Elizondo Medical Group’s Enduring Legacy August 10, 2023
- Dr. Siraj Sayeed: Pioneering Orthopedic Surgery at South Texas Bone & Joint Institute June 9, 2023
- Signature Health Services: Over 25 Years of Compassionate, High-Quality Skilled Home Health Care May 2, 2023
Altus Hospice Altus Hospice Care anxiety back pain breast cancer Corpus Christi Corpus Christi Rehabilitation Hospital COVID-19 Dental Health Dr. Cyr Dr. Michael Fuentes Dr. Steven Cyr dr oz ENT Clinics of San Antonio Eric Kala Fitness fitness tips Health health and wellness health tips Hospice kennedy dental care lifestyle lifestyle tips Mayo Clinic MD MD espanol Md Monthly MD Monthly español md monthly magazine Medical Medical magazine medical publication Mental Health San Antonio SA Spine South Texas South Texas Breast Surgery: Spine surgeon Steven Cyr Texas web md wellness wellness tips Women's Health